May – Sunday runs

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Geoff Geoff 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Geoff
    Geoff
    Participant

May 5th 09:00 meet at the Oakes Farm Shop, Balsall Common.

http://www.oakesfarmshop.co.uk/find-us/
    Only about 5 mins drive from Knowle, half a mile past the Saracen’s Head on the RHS.

This is a near repeat of the popular Heart of England 8 mile circular route that we did 3 weeks ago, but in the other direction – https://www.plotaroute.com/route/820513
    Please park at the far end of the car park so we don’t disrupt normal customers when the shop opens later at 10.00. All welcome. Queries Geoff – 07707 992000

NB I’m not running and away on the 12th [the day of the Velo cycle ride].

Geoff
    Geoff
    Participant

May 19th – Hi, for those wanting to avoid the hurlyburly* of the Knowle Fun run please meet at the Fleur de Lys PH Lowsonford tomorrow, 9.00 am for a quiet, gentle but sometimes hilly 5 or so miler over tranquil, sometimes spectacular rolling countryside. This will be a change from our usual Heart of England Way route over to Henley.
    I am not expecting many because of the fun run and holidays but all are very welcome. Do please join us.
    Queries to Geoff 07707 992000.

* When something loud, unruly, or chaotic is going on, there’s a hurly burly. It’s an old-fashioned British word. In fact, a witch in Shakespeare’s Macbeth says, “When the hurlyburly’s done, When the battle’s lost and won.”
    Teachers amongst our midst will already know that – I did’nt!

Geoff
    Geoff
    Participant

May26th.
    Meet in the car park (far end) of the Boot, Lapworth 9.00 for a mainly off road 6/7 miler.
    all welcome. Stunning views at several points (ie hills).
    Geoff
    07707 992000

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.