December Sunday runs

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Geoff Geoff 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Geoff
    Geoff
    Participant

Hi. Tomorrow, the 10th, I was planning a scenic, social run for 6/7 miles across my favourite rolling countryside starting at the Fleur-de-Lys, even if there is heavy snow underfoot but I am concerned about the forecast which indicates that the snow will be dumped between 5:00 – 9:00.
    I don’t want to put us at extra risk driving in those conditions, when the journey is unnecessary, so the chances are that I may call it off.
    I may do a short individual run from home but if it’s snowing heavily at 9:00 I may not even do that if you cannot see properly.
    I’ll put a final message on at 18:00 this evening.
    Geoff

Geoff
    Geoff
    Participant

Sorry but I’m not going to risk calling a run and having to get the car out.
    It could be snowing heavily all morning so visibility will be poor as well.
    Geoff

Paul
    Paul
    Participant

The right call I think Geoff, take care everyone!

Geoff
    Geoff
    Participant

17th
    Sorry I’m out of action nursing an extracted wisdom tooth.
    I hope an alternative is posted.
    Supposed to be off for a week.
    I’ll be back next Sunday I’m sure.
    G

Paul
    Paul
    Participant

Hi All, Geoff can’t make it tomorrow 17th unfortunately but has asked if I could put a message up to organise a run from the Fleur de Lys at 9.00 if anyone is interested. I haven’t got Geoff’s encyclopaedic knowledge of the routes but I’m sure we could sort a 7/8 mile between us! Weather looking a bit milder from tomorrow so will be nice to get back running as normal. Please let me know who can make it either on here or on 07398 453237.

Simon Krstic
    Simon Krstic
    Participant

Hi Paul – I will be there at 9.00am
    Simon Krstic

Geoff
    Geoff
    Participant

Hello; I’m back for the last two Sunday runs of 2017.
    Tomorrow Christmas Eve it will be a local run for local people.
    Meet 9:00 o/s the Fish & Chip shop/David Aitchison’s in Knowle for a 7 miler over to Eastcote, Whale Tankers and back – on a bed of mud.

Then on New Year’s Eve it will be from the Fleur-de-Lys for the run that I planned last Sunday.
    Just the best and most varied countryside run around here – ever.

Geoff
    07707 992000

Geoff
    Geoff
    Participant

Hi.
    Tomorrow’s route – https://gb.mapometer.com/running/route_4657600.html

Meet 9.00 at the Fleur-de-Lys PH, Lowsonford.

As it’s New Year’s Eve I did not want to run too far and be exhausted for the remainder of the day but it will be a challenging 6+ miles cross country with superb scenery thrown in.
    There will be an extra loop for any enthusiasts wanting 8 miles – and a plethora of jokes if Ryan turns up!

Queries Geoff 07707 992000

Ryan Oleary
    Ryan Oleary
    Participant

Hope to be there in the morning Geoff,
    I’ve lost a little bit of muscle definition over the Christmas period so not as ripped/chiseled/sculpted as normal.
    Please don’t judge
    Ryan

Geoff
    Geoff
    Participant

Okay Ryan, understood.
    I hope that we can still recognise you!
    You were soooo toned before.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.