August 2019 Sunday Runs

Knowle and Dorridge Running Club Forums The Running Forum August 2019 Sunday Runs

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Geoff Geoff 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Geoff
    Geoff
    Participant

Hi. I’m avoiding field footpaths now where possible for the remainder of the summer after last week’s experience where we were caught out in a couple of very overgrown fields and hedgerows.
    This Sunday therefore we are going back to the basics of “Wassell and Lewis Go Running” series 2.
    Meet 9.00 at Packwood House for a nice steady local circular just under 7 miler making use mainly of bridleways, canals and road with the opportunity to cut back to base in about 5.5 miles.
    Geoff 07707 992000.

PS I’m not running next Sunday as it’s the Stratford 6 from Mary Arden’s House, Wilmcote on Saturday evening.

• This topic was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Geoff Geoff.
    Geoff
    Geoff
    Participant

Sunday 18th.
    Meet 9.00 at Oakes Farm Shop car park (far end) Balsall Common – http://www.oakesfarmshop.co.uk/find-us/

This is another approx 8.5 mile compilation route of the very best sections of our, I hope successful, runs there this year – about 65% cross country and off road but avoiding overgrown paths. This should be a nice steady, social, chatty, scenery admiring, recovery type Sunday morning run in cooler weather with faster sections for those who want them.
    Any queries please to Geoff @ 07707 992000.
    All welcome. Optional tea/coffee after if you have time.

Geoff
    Geoff
    Participant

Tomorrow, Sunday 25th 9.00.
    Meet in the upper car park of the Fleur de Lys PH, Lowsonford village – about 12/15 mins drive from Knowle/Dorridge. See location – http://www.thefleur.co.uk/contact/
    This will be about 7.5 miles mostly off road. A favourite run of ours along the Heart of England way to Henley and then back via Preston Bagot and Yarningale woods.
    Stunning scenery meaning some uphills and downhills but I promise fantastic views of the Warwickshire countryside along the way.
    Geoff 07707 992000

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.